If you are a business owner wanting to build a website, this may be a very important tip for you.
Many experienced web designers have told me, having different accounts at different companies for domain registration and web hosting purposes is the best thing to do when planning to publish your website online. Having different accounts enables you to manage your domains and websites easily for you are focusing on one element in each of your account. Furthermore, it also provides you with some kind precaution you need if one of your account is at risk the other won’t get affected.
If you are new to the world of website development and are thinking about building your first website, then you are probably looking for a trustworthy web hosting service that makes developing your own site a breeze. You probably also don’t want to spend a lot of money, in case things don’t work out just like you plan. If you are a novice to the website building, you probably likewise have no idea whether or not you can take advantage of GoDaddy’s affordable prices and HostGator’s reliable hosting packages with awesome Hostgator coupon code 2013. By not having these instructions below, you are bound to just use one company for domain name registration and web hosting.
Relax. You can use both GoDaddy’s low-priced domain registration and HostGator’s web hosting service, no problem. Keep reading to learn how. In our previous post, we mentioned why Hostgator absorbs for domain registration and how Godaddy rubble when it comes to domain registration.
How to Point your Godaddy Domain to Hostgator’s Hosting Plan
1) Firstly, you need to purchase a hosting plan at HostGator, which involves just filling out a few simple Web forms giving your name, address and payment information. They’ll send you a confirmation email when you finish. Save the email for future reference.
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you have decided that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator promo codes below.
2) After this you need to create a GoDaddy account. Register your domain. Godaddy will search first if the domain you want to register if it is still available. If available, you can proceed to the checkout section, if not, Godaddy will display related domain names with various domain extensions.
3) Once you have done this, click on “Domains” on the menu bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “My Domains.” The screen will then present you with a list of the domains that you have registered with Go Daddy. Select the domain that you want to use by clicking on it.
4) Select the “Nameservers” option. Click on “Custom nameservers (I host my domains elsewhere).” Find the nameservers information in the email that HostGator has sent to you. It should look something like example.hostgator.com. Enter the details that GoDaddy asks for. Select “OK” to finish things up with Go Daddy.
5) Login to your HostGator account. Add the name of the domain that you registered at Go Daddy via the Add Domain icon that can be found in your control panel. Now you’re ready to build your own HostGator site with your GoDaddy domain name.
For the last step, wait a bit for the domain name to propagate after the DNS change in step 4 above.